My Blog List

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Classy Cards N Such - Use a Negative

Our challenge for Classy Cards N Such is to make a card using a negative.  I had a plan when I start out making my card.  After a few seconds at my craft table,  my thoughts derailed and I went in a totally different direction.    I am actually happy about that because the results of my derailment produced this pretty Vintage card.  

I had a plan when I start out making my card.  After a few seconds at my craft table,  my thoughts derailed and I went in a totally different direction.    I am actually happy about that because the results of my derailment produced this pretty Vintage card.  



I started out with stamping this image from JustRite Botanical Medallions & Banners Stamp set.   I stamped it with brown ink on pink card stock.   I cut it out and placed it on my designer paper.  I took my negative which was cut with as Spellbinders Large Classic Scalloped Ovals Die from a piece of embossed brown paper and framed my image with it.  


I added the Calcutta Mini's Porcelane flower to the center of the image.   I used a border punch to make the lace and I added three pearls that I colored with a marker to match the pearl on my flower.  I attached the main layer to my pink layer and added it to my card base.

I hope you will make your card and upload it to our challenge. I would love to see how you use your negative this week.



Thank you, for stopping by today.  I am happy you joined us.

Challenges :

Simply Creative Too Blog-Old/vintage 

6 comments:

  1. Whoa - this is such a gorgeous and elegant vintage card. It reminds me of a treasure I might find in one of my grandma's travel trunks. Really, Shirley - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Shirley ! The papers and colours are gorgeous... Love them ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Shirley, seems like "derailment" was a great idea - especially in the case of this gorgeous vintage beauty!! This combo of colors, paired with pearls, eyelet border and your flower, really produced a great card!! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Shirley! Love the papers and that pretty flower. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley: Beautiful card! Thank you for entering our Simply Create Too "Old/Vintage Challenge #67", and hope you come back this Friday, 15 August, for our new challenge.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete