My Blog List

Friday, January 22, 2016

Hot Glue Embossing

Wow, I should be sick more often.  I am getting more cards made while I do not have to be doing errands and stupid house work.   I went to the doctor to be told I have sinus, an ear infection and pink eye.  This is my first ear infection and the first time for pink eye.  I have no idea where the pink eye came from, the grand kids have not had it.  I suppose I got it at the grocery store.  I am improving every day so I think I might be well soon.

I really had fund with this card.    I started with a piece of water color paper.  I heated up the hot glue gun and then put gold embossing powder on it while it was hot.  I heated it with the heat gun and look at the pretty design I created.   I then took Ken Oliver Color Burst and put on the water color paper.  I wanted some more colors so I added Dylusions spray ink and some color shine over that.  I love the rich colors I got.  I used an MFP stamp set called Sun and Moon for the sentiment.   I added a few sequins for the finishing touch.

I am glad you came by today and I would love to know what you think of my card.

Patty over at Winnie's Whims Blog has eye candy.  Go by and take a peek...  

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a gorgeous card!! I love the design you created with the hot glue!! The colors are amazing!! Beautiful card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never in a million years would I have thought to add gold EP to hot glue - the result is nothing short of FABULOUS!!! The color bursts sure gave you a beautiful palette on which to showcase the gold hot glue "phenomenon".

    I am not glad you were sick, but sure glad you had time to play and come up with this masterpiece!! Hugs! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing ! great colorfull result !
    martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun technique Shirley. I usually use this for doing drips or water trickles, but you have really created a wonderful abstract piece with the technique. LOVE IT!!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way this turned out!! The abstract design look so cool on that background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool Shirley! Just love the vibrant colors! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with this Shirley! Wow - I am so going to try this technique. Great sentiment for it too! Love, love, love this. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha, I was so going to go home and put embossing powder in my hot glue gun! Doh! Then rered your description and am quite relieved! I mean I just have to try this - but I wasn't so sure EP would be so safe in the gun itself. I'm such a dork! Anyway, this is one AMAZING and totally FABULOUS project! Big kudos for coolness here!

    ReplyDelete