My Blog List

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Put A Little Sparkle on Your Card

Here is my card for the QKR Stampede Blog challenge for this week.  I used the Bright Sun image #6101, I thought it was pretty cute.  This image comes in both rubber and digital.   We were challenged  to add a little sparkle to our cards.  I started of by painting my sun, that was printed on water color paper, with Twinkling H20'S.  I really do not see the sparkle that it was suppose to achieve.   I added glossy accents to the sunglasses.  The designer paper has glitter on it and I hope you can see it sparkle, at least just a little.

My border was made using the ODBD Beautiful Border punch, one of my favorites.  I added some flower ribbon and added dots of yellow to the white flowers.  My sentiment was computer generated.

I hope you will join us at QKR for our challenge.  You do not have to use a QKR image, but check out the options on the blog.  We want to see the sparkles on your card.

Thanks, so much, for coming by today.  I get lonely when you do not come to visit. 

Watch for blog candy-coming soon.  You won't want to miss it.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Shirley, love this bright, cheerful card. The background paper is gorgeous and the image looks as though the sun is quite pleased with himself!!!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and cheery card Shirley! Love that little band of daisies, such a wonderful summery theme! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only sparkle, but a huge smile that brightened up my day, as soon as I saw it! You always choose the most awesome papers to go with your images and this sparkly paper fills the bill - love the band of daisies on the blue border - what a HAPPY CARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good mood card Shirley with bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun sunny card, makes me smile with the cutie image and fun happy dps :)

    ReplyDelete