My Blog List

Friday, July 22, 2016

MIX Challenge Card

I made the background a while back, I kinda forgot what products were used.    I will tell you what I think I used. :) I sponged on distress inks and added a gold spray on top if it. The MIX challenge for today was to do faux gold leaf technique.

Here are the steps to the Gold Leaf technique.   I took Aluminum foil and wadded it up.  Next I smeared Versmark over it.  I sprinkled Gold Embossing Powder over it and heated it with a heat gun.
I cut the aluminum foil and trimmed it to fit behind the mosaic heart 

Thanks for taking a look at my card. I hope I have inspired you to do this technique.

5 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes - not sure where this idea came from but it is FABULOUS - gonna have to try it - and SOON!! What a cool looking card - and I have a lot of "see through" dies to play with for it!! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That background looks amazing and so colorful!! Really beautiful detailing with the gold leaf too!! :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!! The gold heart is stunning!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW, what an impact card, with the fab heart and gold foil and the colours, I absolutely LOVE it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how interesting! I will have to try that ... I love the look of your hear. AT first glance I assumed you used a stencil and modeling paste of some sort. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete